Today, houses made of natural ecological materials are gaining more and more popularity. They are convenient, comfortable for living and much cheaper to build than brick andconcrete options.
Therefore, many consumers want to create a house from a log with their own hands. Especially from profiled or glued material insulated with polyurethane foam (in some cases, other heat-insulating materials can be used). There is also a technology of frame construction, you can watch a video about this technology and read the article frame house with your own hands, but let’s return to the technology of building a house from timber.
Why will this type of house appeal to consumers and is increasingly used in residential construction?
- It costs approximately two to three times cheaper than a similar structure made of brick and concrete, due to lower costs for the foundation and the volume of work, ease of joining materials and manufacturing the main parameters of the structure in factory conditions.
- This timber house can be built by a small team of three or four people in a couple of months of intensive work .
- A building made of this beam is much warmer than a similar option made of simple glued products, not to mention concrete and brick structures (of course, with equal wall thickness).
- The house does not require additional insulation and decoration, which allows you to significantly save money and time on these operations;
- The construction does not shrink and does not crack. You can live in it immediately after construction.
- 6. The house is pleasantly cool in summer and very warm in winter.
How to start building a house from timber with your own hands?
In order to start the construction of any house, you need to clearly imagine what, how and in what dimensions you need to build in order to realize all your wishes and preferences in housing. Simply put, if a small one-room cabin can be built right away, then to create a modern spacious house with amenities, a certain number of rooms and a garage, a project carefully calculated for the area and territory is needed.
Today, a three-dimensional version of the house, with the necessary premises, created entirely according to the wishes of the client, can be made in almost any architectural bureau. After that, you need to order a beam from a specialized company and asheville plumber that produces similar products insulated with polyurethane foam. She will fully calculate the required amount of timber, its dimensions and profiles for the house project created for construction.
The wood is spread on the slats, then they are processed, tightly fitted and glued under pressure. At the final stage, they become a timber profile of the specified dimensions. There, the cavity of the profile package will be insulated with polyurethane foam. Before starting the construction of the building itself, it is necessary to lay the foundation. They usually use a columnar type of foundation with a monolithic type of grid, which is located at a level of five to ten millimeters above the ground. This is enough to create a house, as the construction is quite light (thanks to the technology used). It significantly reduces the overall weight of the building and, of course, the load on all load-bearing structures. In some cases, a special type of foundation is used – thermally inertial, with a (built-in) heat recovery system. It is ideal for creating a warm basement.
The beams are installed horizontally, according to the manufacturer’s pre-made numbering, in the order specified by the technical guide according to the assembly project. Due to their low weight, they can be installed by 1-2 people without much effort. Then roof overlaps are created, ceiling beams are treated with a protective composition, which increases their fire resistance and resistance to rotting processes.
Doors and windows are immediately installed in the building, tiles are laid on the roof. After that, the do-it-yourself log house is completely built and ready for furniture delivery and subsequent occupancy.