It’s been said that handwritten thank you notes are a lost art. In the digital age, it’s easier to shoot off a quick email or text message to say thanks. But there’s something special about a handwritten note that shows you took the time and effort to sit down and write it out. If you want to make sure your handwritten thank you notes are as perfect as can be, check out these tips. From what paper to use to how to sign your name, these tips will definitely come in handy the next time you want to put pen to paper.
The Power of a Handwritten Note
In the age of email and text messages, taking the time to sit down and write out a thoughtful note to someone who has done something nice for you can seem like a lot of work. But it’s worth it! A handwritten thank you note is personal and special, and it shows that you really care about the person you’re thanking.
Here are some tips for writing the perfect handwritten thank-you note:
- Make it personal: A generic “thank you so much” will do the trick, but if you take the time to mention something specific that the person did for you, it’ll make your note even more meaningful.
- Keep it short and sweet: There’s no need to write a novel – just a few sentences will do.
- Use the best handwriting service: With the advancement in technology, there are tools online that can help you get the best-handwritten note for your loved ones. Among the numerous tools, I have personally tried Handwritten. It has over 100 designs to choose from, or you can even decide to design your own. One thing I like about Handwrytten is the fact that they offer international shipments to Canada and over 180 countries for as low as $1.40.
- Send it as soon as possible after the event or favor happened: The sooner you send handwritten note, the better! Don’t wait to send it at your spare time.
What to Include in a Thank You Note
It is not uncommon to feel grateful after receiving a kind gift or gesture, but writing a thank you note may seem like a daunting task. Although there are many ways to show your gratitude, a handwritten thank you note is a personal touch that is sure to be appreciated. Here are some tips on what to include in your handwritten thank you note:
-The date: Be sure to write the date at the top of the thank you note. This will ensure that the recipient knows when they received the gift or gesture.
-A personalized message: Thank the recipient for their specific gift or gesture. For example, if they sent you flowers, mention how much you enjoy them and where you have placed them in your home. If they took you out to dinner, express how much fun you had and what your favorite part of the meal was.
-Sincere thanks: Sincerely express your gratitude for the gift or gesture. Let the recipient know that their thoughtfulness meant a lot to you.
-Your signature: End the note with your signature so that the recipient knows who it is from.
How to Write a Thank You Note
When it comes to expressing your gratitude, a handwritten thank you note is always the best way to go. Here are some tips on how to write a perfect handwritten thank you note:
- Make sure to use proper grammar and punctuation. This shows that you are taking the time to express your thanks in a well-thought-out manner.
- Be sincere in your words. Avoid sounding like you’re just going through the motions – let your thankfulness shine through!
- Keep it short and sweet. A few heartfelt sentences are all you need to get your point across.
- Use nice stationery. This adds a personal touch and makes the recipient feel extra special.
- Sign off with a warm closing, such as “With love,” or “Sincerely.”
When to Send a Thank You Note
When it comes to sending a thank you note, timing is everything. The sooner you can get your note in the mail, the better. But how soon is too soon?
If you send your thank you note the same day as the event or favor, it may come across as insincere. People can tell when you’ve just dashed off a quick thank you and it doesn’t have the same impact as a thoughtful, handwritten note.
Aim to send your thank you note within a few days of the event. This shows that you’re genuinely grateful and haven’t forgotten about what someone did for you.
If you’re worried about your thank you note getting lost in the shuffle, there’s no harm in sending a follow-up email to make sure it was received. Just be sure not to make this your only form of communication – a handwritten note is always best.
Examples of Great Thank You Notes
Here are a few examples of great thank you notes:
Dear Auntie Mary,
Thank you so much for the beautiful scarf you sent me for my birthday! I can’t wait to wear it out on my next date night with my husband. It was so thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it. Thanks again!
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith,
Thank you so much for having us over for dinner last night! We had a great time getting to know your family better and we really appreciate your hospitality. The food was amazing too – thank you! We’ll have to return the favor soon. 🙂
Thanks so much for coming over to help me fix my leaky faucet! I really appreciate your expertise and your willingness to lend a helping hand (and toolbox). Dinner’s on me next time!
Whether you’re thanking your mom for her birthday gift or your boss for that raise, a handwritten note is always appreciated. All you have to do is to use the best thank you note service to get your work done successfully without delays and stress.
By following these simple guidelines, you can be sure that your note will make a great impression and show your appreciation in the most thoughtful way possible. So, what are you waiting for? Start writing those thank you notes today!